The C. W. Cummings house was located near Armstrong's Mill on Hatcher's Run. It was occupied by the Fifth Army Corps when the Federal lines were extended to the Run after fighting at the end of October 1864. The photo was taken much later considering the finished condition of the officers huts.
Headquarters, First Division, Fifth Corps (Griffin) at the Cummings House
Photograph from the collection of Lt. Frederick Augustus Schermerhorn, 185th New York, who served as Aide-de-Camp to Major General Charles Griffin of the 1st Division, 5th Army Corps. He was breveted Captain for "distinguished gallantry and efficient service at the battle on Quaker road, March 29, 1865." O.R. vol. 46, pg. 1011.